Winter Hair Care: Winter Hair Care Tips
Styling products and styling tools aren’t the only thing that damage hair; weather plays a major role too.With winter fast approaching, so is your dry and brittle hair. Winter hair care is important to protect your locks and keep them looking shiny and healthy.
The winter season is full of dry heat and cold weather, and keep in mind that this saps the moisture from your hair. With the proper winter hair care, you can prevent this from happening by constantly conditioning your strands. Though you will be conditioning your hair more when performing your winter hair care, you still need to be gentle when it comes to brushing and combing your hair.
Remember, in the cold your hair can be more dry and brittle thus making it that much more delicate. Using a wide-tooth comb on your hair is more gentle and if used a couple times a day will even prevent your hair from tangling.
The Following article from Oneindia.in offers some more winter hair care tips to follow in order to obtain and maintain those healthy locks.
Winter Hair Care Tips And Treatment
Winter the most romantic, beautiful and favourite season of many demands a bit more attention to your skin and hair. Generally winter skin care is what all of us keep in mind but it is a fact that like summer, winter too has an inverse effect on hair. Winter hair care aims at keeping the hair from getting dry, brittle and discolored. Here are some winter hair problems and tips.
As mentioned earlier winter hair care works towards preventing the hair from getting dry. Thus, deep conditioning of hair is required. The first step to deep conditioning it oiling your hair thoroughly. The best oil for dry hair during winter is jojoba oil. Jojoba oil massage and adding jojoba oil in your bath can take care of both hair and skin in winters. Other winter hair care treatment are
- Take ‘ banana, 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of yogurt. Blend it well and apply thoroughly in your hair after washing your hair. Keep it for 30 minutes and rinse it with cold water.
- Take two egg white, 3 spoons of mayonnaise and ‘ avocado. Blend it well and apply it to your hair. Cover your head with a plastic warp and put a hot towel on it. After 25 minutes wash it off.
Dandruff is an unique feature of winters. It happens due to dryness as well. The best way to treat winter dandruff are
- Warm a small bowl and pour some coconut oil into it. Mix a spoon of lemon juice into it and massage it on your scalp. Keep it overnight and wash it off using a mild shampoo.
- Mix 5 spoons of curd with 2 spoons of methi powder. Apply it on your scalp and leave it for 25 minutes. Rinse it off well later.
- Massaging the scalp with neem oil is also beneficial.
It is very important to get rid of dry scalp. Dry scalp may lead to itchiness and infection. To prevent dry scalp one needs to moisturize the scalp.
- Blend lemon juice, olive oil and mayonnaise. Apply it on your scalp for 30 minutes and wash it off. This will moisturize your scalp as well as make your hair healthy and shiny.
- Applying blended banana with honey on the scalp also prevents it from drying up.
Winter hair care also includes covering the hair when going out and avoid using blow driers regularly. Use these winter hair care tips to enjoy the season optimally.
A great winter hair care tip to remember: try not to shampoo your hair too much. With the dry winter weather, your hair is already prone to be more dry. Shampooing once a day, even once every other day, can help prevent dry hair in the winter.
Another winter hair care tip to keep in mind is trying to minimize the use of your hair dryer — this will only amplify hair damage. If you must use your hair dryer, use the ‘cool’ setting. This may take a little longer to dry your hair, but your hair will be healthier in the long run. Now all you have to do is follow these winter hair care tips for some fabulous hair!